Custom upholstery has been our hobby for many years,
reupholstering dining room seats, bar stools, slip covers, home and office chairs, auto and boat upholstery, and many other custom upholstery applications. We also work with a wide variety of vinyls, leather, plastic and foam rubber than can be cut to any size.
There are various reasons why Reupholstering is common, such as:
- Reupholstering can cost less than buying new
- You can create and design a custom piece that matches your existing decoration
- Sentimental value of a piece of furniture such as family inheritance
- Increase the value of an antique piece
- Restoration or update of existing upholstery
What is the difference between Reupholster & Recover?
To reupholster a piece of furniture is to completely strip the piece down to the frame and rebuild it, webbing, springing, and right up to its top cover. To recover is to simply change the top fabric or material. There are times when a job can combine both recovering and reupholstering, depending on the condition or makeup of the piece. A good upholstery job should not only look good, it must also be functional and should give you many years of service.
Above under each category are pictures and comments about some of our projects , please feel free to look around and let us know if we can help you with anything!